|In all its bathroom-conversion glory|
One issue is that whoever converted it did cut two chunks of the top and part of a back leg. I have started fixing the easy stuff, like reassembling the leg vise correctly.
|Back to its original purpose|
The planing stop and the holdfast went missing, luckily I still have a monster holdfast from another bench I'm currently not using. However, the holes are too small for it right now so I'll need to enlarge them at some point.
|First time working with a planing stop|
While the shredded suet was melting in a double boiler, I started cutting and drilling the dovetail box from some leftover fir. As I was in the zone, I completely forgot to take in-progress pictures and only grabbed the phone once the prototype was done:
I have tested the suet on the soles of a couple of wooden planes and it makes them very slippery indeed. The next time I'm in the workshop, I'll make the dovetail key to lock the box.